Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Bloggings will continue until morale improves!

So, after many weeks preparation I am finally off to my Residency tomorrow. And of course the world has decided to provide me with a searing heatwave for my first week in the foothills - luvverly!  Thank goodness the cottages are air conditioned...apparently Katherine wrote every morning on the front veranda and then moved to the back of the house in the afternoon.  When her studio was built she wrote there every day - no cooling at all.  She was made of much sterner stuff that I...

Trying to decide which books I need to take - the pile on the kitchen bench keeps getting bigger and bigger... but there are some I just can't do without... and I am not going to list them because it looks really pretentious.  Suffice to say I am going to write a play about writers who were far more talented and learned and erudite that I so I need as many helpers as I can get. 

4 weeks of pure writing time is going to be blissful!   I am determined to blog every day while I am there...   So don't say you weren't warned..there may even be more poetry...eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment