Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm Baaackk!!

...after a week away doing Alumni type things..I am finally back at KSP Yay!!!  Two more weeks of writerly shenanigans! Lots to do..I will be hopefully attending more of the local writing groups, I am guest of honour at a literary dinner at KSP tomorrow night where apparently me reading from my works and trying not to drink too much is not only an appetiser but worth paying to see!  Yay me!  Also muchos writing and putting together an application  for the (still mostly unwritten) play to be hopefully produced at the Blue Room Theatre later in the year.  Workshop went very well last week - feedback sheets were reassuringly positive and no one asked for their money back so that's a good sign.  I have to come up with some kind of PR thing for my story that is coming out in May with FACP - I have to choose the Karaoke song my main character would sing and show this in some clever and creative way..I am thinking of doing a visual representation ..inspired by helping Toby with his homework last night... a kind of literary decoupage, only with more blood and Google.  I got right into the cutting out and careful wielding of glue sticks for his visual representation of leit-motifs in the Kite Runner.  Our use of subtle imagery and REAL string was truly masterly..I am hoping for an A+ at least - haven't enjoyed homework so much since I spent an entire night painting a huge fishing float red for his "Mars" project... in grade 2.  It makes up for my ineptitude with assisting his "math" homework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment