Sunday, March 27, 2011

Still sad about the death of Diana Wynne Jones so indulge me for a moment

I have decided to list 50 of my favourite YAbooks (and some adult books I read when I was probably still too young for them!)  from when I was growing up..most of which I still have and almost none of which I can get the kids to read!  Some are the wonderful books of Ms Wynne-Jones but lots aren't...Not in any particular order...

1.   The Power of Three  - DWJ
2.    My Side of the Mountain
3.   Kim
4.  Swallows & Amazons
5.  A Wizard of Earthsea
6.  The Winter Players
 7.  The Homeward Bounders
 8.  Fire & Hemlock
9.  The many Coloured Land
10.  The Nargun & The Stars
11.  All the Song of Wirrun Books
12.  A Waltz through the Hills
13.  The Sun on the Stubble
14.  A Girl of the Limberlost
15.  The Secret Garden
16.  Z for Zachariah
17.  Dragon Flight
18.  Charmed Life
19.  Alice In Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass
20.  A Wrinkle in Time
21.  The Forgotten Beasts of Eld
22.  Treasure Island & Kidnapped
23.  The 39 Steps
24.  The Hound of the Baskervilles
25.  These Old Shades
26.  The Caravan Passes
27.  Little House in the Big Woods
28.  Dogsbody
29.  Archers Goon
30.  The Harp in the South
31.  Wind in the Willows
32.  The Dark is Rising series
33.  All the Gerald Durrel Books - particularly My Family & Other Animals
34.  Bulldog Drummond & his four rounds with Karl Peterson
35.  Five go to Smugglers Top (my fave Famous 5 book)
36.  Brat Farrar
37.  White Fang
38.  Down the Long Hills
39.  All the William Books
40.  The Little World of Don Camillo
41.  The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings
42.  The Moon Spinners
43.  The Crystal Cave
44.  The Once & Futue King
45.  The Pheonix & the Carpet
46.  The Mango Tree
47.  Lantana Lane
48.  Drinking Cider with Rosie
49.  Charlottes Web
50.  A squillion other wonderful amazing imaginary adventures....  from a squillion wonderful amazing writers..  Thank you to each and every one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment