Thursday, March 3, 2011

Prickly Pear Attack!

So this afternoon..inspired by KSP Treasurer John, I started looking up Prickly Pear Jam recipes..I am obviously suffering from domesticity withdrawal (stupid stupid me!) and had decided it would be so symbolic and lovely and, I don't know something probably pretentious, to make yummy Jam out of the ripening pears at Katherine's Place.  Romantic yes?  Oh How lovely I hear you say..and then she'll invite her dear friends to come over and have homemade scones and her fabulous (and no doubt soon to be Famous!) Prickly Pear Jam.  There will undoubtedly be lace tablecloths and possibly cucumber sandwiches and a high degree of genteel graciousness.  Well that was the plan.

So I start surfing the internet (and YES I have been writing today - 2000 words actually!) and came across some really lovely Jam recipes.  Admittedly the spines and nasty little bristles are a tad daunting but the internet has several helpful hints for dealing with them..including flamethrowers and napalm.  So what could possibly go wrong?!

Well lots actually..and I haven't even started to pick the little buggers yet!  So I'm happily researching Jam...jam jam jam...and then OOOH!  What's this?  A Prickly Pear Daiquiri recipe..Yum!  With a photo..OOOHH!  Lets go look at that shall we..so much more exciting than Jam!  and suddenly POW!  Virus...Crap!  abort abort abort!  Thank God for Norton is all I can say!  And why the hell would anyone think that's a good thing to stick a virus on?  I mean what sane person goes looking for a prickly pear daiquiri recipes for Gods sake????

Anyway I am still a little shaky..it was so sudden and vicious!  I think I need a Daiquiri to calm my nerves...

No comments:

Post a Comment